Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just When I'd Given Up

I've been gathering information for school for the past few months. Well the base Family Readiness offers a wonderful program for the spouses. The pay for everything if you go to school! All that was great until I found out it's only for Guam Community College or University of Guam. Well the problem with that is, each school is about 30 minutes from the base and we only have one vehicle AND classes are at night! So it wouldn't work out for us. I was sooo disappointed!

About three weeks later I went to the library, and it was then that I remembered there are three schools on base that offers classes.....So I start to search and get info just to find out the position for an Early Childhood Professor was still vacant at each school. So now I'm really bummed! So of course I started to think this just isn't the right time!(Even though I feel this is the perfect opportunity to start classes again and get my Associates)

Well, just when I had given up....I interviewed a parent on Monday for drop in care. She informed me that she will only need 3 hours.

Parent: "My dental appointment is at 9 and then after that I have to go figure out my class schedule at my new job. I'm so excited, I just got hired at The Central Texas College here on base as the Early Childhood teacher! And I really need my classes to be two days a week at least, Tuesday from 5:30-8:30 and Thursday from 6:00-9:00. I have to see if they will work with that".

Sonya: Completely Speechless!!!!

Well needless to say, I was so excited and overjoyed so I talked to her and she's bringing me info tomorrow. So hopefully I will be starting school in the fall!

Coincidence??? I took it as a blessing. After the interview, I sat down and took a look back at what had just happened. I am truly thankful.

And to add on to the day, I was invited to a women's game night at the Chapel. I get there and I start my games and I feel someone walk up behind me and give me a small hug. I turn around, and...guess who???? Yes! the lady that I interviewed earlier.

Once again! Speechless, I was.....

I just thought I'd share my story....

2 comments:

Party of 5 said...

HOW WONDERFUL! I am so excited for you. Everything happens for a reason they say.

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

SWEET! We're going to have a lot of "college kids" in our "group" this fall! I start too, but you get to be finished sooner than I do, lucky duck!